CENTRAL, EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES AND REGIONAL CHAIRS
This body votes to endorse candidates for public office. It also assists and advises the Governing Board in a variety of Party operations. Membership consists of all members of the Central Committee and up to 130 at-large members. At-large members require approval by the Executive Committee Chair and a majority vote of committee members present and voting.
- Endorsing candidates for public office.
- Electing at-large members of the Governing Board.
- Advising and assisting the Executive Council in candidate selection, fund raising, communication and other areas as directed by the Committee Chair.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OFFICERS
Chair – Kathy Wyenandt
Vice Chair – Dave Spurrier
Secretary – Amanda Schuster
Treasurer – Sue Fuson
This committee is the focal point for precinct organization and getting out the vote. Members are elected from each precinct in Butler County at the Primary Election held every four years. Vacancies are filled using this process: The nominee is recommended by a committee member, then approved by the Chair and finally voted in by committee members present and voting. Members must reside in the precincts that they represent.
- Chartering of Democratic clubs in the county.
- Organizing at the precinct level.
- Coordinating workshops for precinct leaders.
- Nominating and providing orientation to prospective members of the Central and Executive Committees.
CENTRAL COMMITTEE OFFICERS
Chair – Mariann Penska
Vice Chair – Dominick Lijoi
Secretary – Position Open
Treasurer – Brittany Maloney
This is the Party’s primary governing body. It consists of the officers of the Executive and Central Committees and 5 at-large members elected by the Executive Committee. The Chair of the Executive Committee serves as Chair of the Executive Council, as well as Party Chair and spokesperson.
- Recommending candidates for public office to the Executive Committee for endorsement.
- Disbursing party funds to endorsed candidates.
- Setting the agenda for the Party and conducting daily operations.
AT LARGE MEMBERS:
- Frank Cloud
- Ronnie Wardrup
- Elizabeth Yauch
- Don Daiker/Ian Vaness
Butler County Democratic Party has divided the county into 7 geographical regions. Our regions and their chairs are as follows:
Region 1: Central (Hamilton)
Region 2: Northeast (Middletown, Madison Twp., Trenton)
Chair: Larry Mulligan
Region 3: East (Liberty Twp., Monroe, Lemon Twp.)
Chairs: Michael Albrecht, Ned Torres, Alex Argo
Region 4: Northwest (Oxford, Oxford Twp., Wayne Two, St. Clair Twp, Milford Twp.)
Chairs: Don Daiker, Pete Carels
Region 5: Southwest (Ross Twp., Morgan Twp., Reilly Twp., Hanover Twp.)
Chair: Jamie Holly
Region 6: South (Fairfield, Fairfield Twp.)
Region 7: Southeast (West Chester and Sharonville)
Chair: Dominick Lijoi
All party members and activists are invited and encouraged to join their regional teams. We will be offering training, social gatherings, and Days of Action throughout the year in our efforts to build teams of active volunteers ready and able to support our Democratic candidates. To learn more email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-896-5201.